+ Bot is healthy UP and running :)
Forget about spam, advertising mailings, hacking and attacking robots. Keep your real mailbox clean and secure.Trashemail provides temporary(or permanent), secure, anonymous, free, disposable email address. Want to get one ? its here : @trashemail_bot
What is Disposable Temporary E-mail? And How am I different?
Disposable email – is a service that allows to receive email at a temporary(Here in case, the temporary factor is upto you) address that self-destructed after a certain time elapses. It is also known by names like : tempmail, 10minutemail, throwaway email, fake-mail or trash-mail. Many forums, Wi-Fi owners, websites and blogs ask visitors to register before they can view content, post comments or download something.
Trashemail is not most advanced throwaway email service but a reliable service that helps you avoid spam, stay safe and get emails delivered directly to your @trashemail_bot Telegram bot. And in case you are getting too many such mails, just delete the email Id 🙂 with one click(oops command, since this is telegram bot).
There are websites that offers such sort of functionalities (like https://temp-mail.org/en/ etc) but the certain issues with such platforms:
- Your information is safe or not you cant audit.
- The domain keeps changing as soon as they are identified as temp-mail domains.
- Everytime you have to visit site to get one, you cant keep the same temporary mail for long.
- And, their business model which makes you see lot of ads in website.
Considering all of this, I decided to make a open source project out of my hobby and thought of offering it as a service to others 🙂
How my service is
better than theirs:
- The entire source code is open for audit, I am not interested in your data at all.
- Right now I own a domain trashemail.in and you will get emailIds from this domain only. (Easy for you to remember).
- The temporary time for your emailId to be alive is on you, not on the server, you can keep it permamently as well, or as long as I am able to maintaint the @trashemail_bot.
- This project is out of passion, so I dont have motive of earning anything, so No Ads.(I am serious, I hate them too, like you)
- I am always open to suggestion, feedback & Issues to work on.
TrashEmail is Java spring-boot microservice that anyone can build locally currently with few setting to tune in and then have the entire setup running locally.
All you need to own is mail server(SMTP and IMAP), telegram bot token and
mvn locally to build it.
Few requirements with the mailserver:
- SMTP host should allow Alias creation.
- IMAP server should support IDLE.
All you need to do is clone the source, build and run, and just tell telegram that you are listening here.
git clone https://github.com/r0hi7/Trashemail.git cd Trashemail # Update the application.yml file # according to your mail server mvn clean install # If successfull java -jar target/trashemail target/teledot-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
Dev config may look like this:
# Email Server IMAP and SMTP configuration # SMTP server should support Alias creation and deletion # IMAP server should support IDLE emailServer: host: trashemail.in admin: email: email@example.com password: changeme api: aliases: add_url: https://trashemail.in/admin/mail/aliases/add remove_url: https://trashemail.in/admin/mail/aliases/remove imap: host: trashemail.in port: 993 email: firstname.lastname@example.org password: changeme # Telegram bot specific settings telegram: url: https://api.telegram.org/bot botToken: telegram-bot-token # For development purpose, H2 is used. # I prefer H2 persistent in file. spring: datasource: url: jdbc:h2:file:./AppDB;DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE;AUTO_RECONNECT=TRUE driver-class-name: org.h2.Driver username: sa password: password jpa: database-platform: org.hibernate.dialect.H2Dialect hibernate: ddl-auto: update h2: console: path: /h2-console settings: web-allow-others: true application: name: Trashemail # Tomcat server settings server: port: 9090 # Logger settings logging: level: io: github: trashemail: debug
- This code will spin up the service at
- Now will have to expose this service to internet, and there are options like :
- DB is taken care by
h2, in a file, (I think that is sufficient, It need very light DB table).
- Get a bot for you from, Telegram Bot Father
- The last step is important, tell telegram that where you are listening 🙂
curl -F "url=https://<YOUR_DOMAIN>/telegram/new-message" https://api.telegram.org/bot<BOT_TOKEN>/setWebhook
- And you are done.
How It Works
- For this bot to work, you need existing SMTP, IMAP setup.
- SMTP with Alias creation
- IMAP with IDLE enabled
- As user, requests for creation,
- It fools the user, that it created an email Id rather it creates an alais to exiting ID.
- Why Alais, as IMAP needs to poll right, for incoming mails? This is how it is engineered.
- Runs a background async service to poll IMAP server.
- As soon as mail is fetched, the target is identified and telegram message is sent.
I have tried to engineer this service to be reliable, in case if you find any issues with the reliability(or with anything else), please feel free to drop in a PR. I would be happy to review and merge.