Hi Everyone! I’m Dakota Lee Martinez. In this video series I’ll be using the Hacker News API to build out a Hacker News Clone in AngularJS.
These videos are accompanied by a series of blog posts at becomingaprogrammer.com. You can find the written explanation of the process and code samples there.
This video covers the following topics:
* Creating a custom Service called the TopStoriesService using John Papa’s Angular Snippets
* Using $http to connect to the Hacker News API to get the top stories from within the getStories function in our TopStoriesService
* Using $http to connect to the Hacker News API to get more data about an individual story within the getStory function in our TopStoriesService
* Injecting our TopStoriesService as a dependency in our TopStoriesController so we can access data from the Hacker News API and relay it to the view
* An overview of what’s to come in the rest of the Series.