About This Course
Find out the truth about what Data Science is. Hear from real practitioners telling real stories about what it means to work in data science.
- Module 1 – Defining Data Science
- Module 2 – What do data science people do?
- A day in the life of a data science person
- R versus Python?
- Data science tools and technology
- Module 3 – Data Science in Business
- Module 4 – Use Cases for Data Science
- Applications for data science
- “The Report Structure”
- Module 5 -Data Science People
- Things data science people say
- “What Makes Someone a Data Scientist?”
- This course is free.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be audited as many times as you wish.
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
Fireside Analytics Inc.
Shingai Manjengwa is the Director of Insights and Analytics at Fireside Analytics Inc. An NYU Stern alum, she graduated from the Stern Business Analytics Masters program in 2014 and founded Fireside Analytics the following year. Fireside Analytics is a data analytics consulting company that makes data analytics and data science skills accessible to the public sector, small businesses, non-profits and start-ups. Fireside Analytics works with clients to build their data capabilities and ultimately use data to advance their business objectives.